Traditionally afternoon tea comprises sandwiches, a savoury, scones and cakes or sweet treat. However, this is quite a substantial meal in itself therefore each element can be ordered or omitted separately so that you can tailor your menu to your preference and requirements. Similarly, feel free to choose from the suggestions below but I appreciate that the choice of (e.g. sandwich fillings and cakes) is almost limitless so if you have a favourite, I would be delighted to include this in your menu.
- open smoked salmon & cream cheese
- home cooked ham with homemade chutney
- brie & cranberry
- coronation chicken
- mozzarella, basil and sundried tomato pesto
- roast beef & horseradish
I would recommend choosing a selection of 3 sandwiches – £3 – £4 ph (depending upon which fillings you choose).
- Homemade blinis with smoked salmon & crème fraîche, smoked salmon pâté or smoked mackerel pâté
- Individual smoked pancetta and mature cheddar tarts
- Individual smoked mackerel, spinach & gruyère tarts
- Individual sun dried tomato and mozzarella tarts
- Parmesan cheese straws
I would recommend choosing 2 savouries – £4 – £5 ph (depending upon which savouries you choose).
- Mini chocolate & orange tartlets with orange & cointreau cream
- Mini meringues with Chantilly cream and mixed berries
- Banana & chocolate chip loaf
- Apple & cinnamon loaf
- Lemon drizzle cake
- Chocolate fudge cake
- Chocolate brownies
- Victoria sandwich filled with jam and buttercream (or fresh cream)
- Lemon & raspberry cake
- Coffee & walnut cake
- Blueberry cake with cream cheese frosting
Choice and pricing of cake will depend to a greater extent on numbers. Smaller groups may prefer a selection of tartlets/meringues/brownies for example.
I would be pleased to price your choices individually but as a guide, allow £20 – £30 for a whole cake or £3-5 ph for individual cakes.