w/c Monday 29 June 2020
Today should have been the start of the Wimbledon fortnight and Wednesday sees the start of National Ice Cream Month. It’s sad that there won’t be any tennis this year but what a happy and inspiring culinary coincidence! It will come as no surprise, therefore, I could not resist giving this week’s menu a Wimbledon picnic feel. Spot the strawberries!
Soup: Courgette & green herb (£5.50)
(1) chicken garden salad with homemade elderflower dressing (a vibrant mix of radishes, sugar snaps, asparagus and little gem lettuce). Swap the chicken for halloumi if preferred;
(2) roasted Green Tye beef tomatoes stuffed with a summer risotto of beans, peas and courgettes); and
(3) Orzo, Green Tye tomatoes, olives and herbs..
Supper: (£12 for 2, £22 for 4 and £5 ph for more) oven roasted chicken with chorizo, chickpeas and tomatoes.
(1) Brie, courgette and red pepper
(2) Ricotta, lemon, spring onion, asparagus and courgette
Ice creams/sorbets: (£10 per 750ml tub)
Strawberries & cream ice cream
Pimms sorbet (with orange, cucumber & mint)
Frozé sorbet (rosé wine, strawberries and a hint of lemon)
Cheesecake: (£5 each) Individual strawberries & cream cheesecake jars
Honey & peanut butter energy bars (£1.50 each)
Please order in your usual way by 5pm on Tuesday 30th June for collection or delivery on Thursday 2nd July or Friday 3rd. Deliveries to Duncombe School or in the Hertford area will be made on the morning of Friday 3rd.
Please notify me of any allergies or dietary requirements at the time of ordering.
Have a good week.